Africa Broadcasting (U) Limited, a subsidiary of the Nation Media Group seeks to recruit a talented and qualified individual to fill the vacancy below.
We are looking for an individual with the ability to develop and build a game plan that will drive business strategy; and deliver an enriching and exciting TV experience.
If you value innovation and integrity and would like to join a young vibrant community within a large regional group then consider NTV Uganda.
HEAD OF NEWS PRODUCTION
The Head of News Production has a significant role in the post-production process that encompasses the execution and delivery of the news process. The Head of News Production supervises guides and monitors the activities of Producers and Anchors when compiling news bulletins. He/She sources for ideas to be developed for the news bulletins and plans for the creative delivery of newscast. He/She assigns and co-ordinates the work schedules of anchors to ensure there is sufficient manpower in all shifts.
· Ensures newscasts are well conceived and provide high quality coverage, accuracy, integrity and result in a competitive position in the market.
· Implements strategic mission and tactical operation of newsroom while ensuring the highest levels of journalistic, ethical, TV production and standards.
· Direct the best news-related shows and programmes by keeping to deadlines and ensuring studio and equipment are in working condition at all times
· Conceptualize and deliver breaking news fast as it happens in a minimum turnaround within minutes of news breaks
· Briefs Producers, Reporters and Cameramen and advises on what angles to take while compiling stories
· Supervise Producers to ensure that the station has a differentiated news products with variety of content
· Ensure Producers of various desks submit error-free stories
· Decides content, packaging and duration of stories with Producers
· Determine content selection and coordinate the production of LIVE broadcasts
· Supervises and mentors News Anchors on delivering a powerful newscast and conducting live interviews
Required Abilities & Competences:
· Basic University Degree
· Experience in broadcasting is strongly preferred ( Product and technical side)
· Excellent multi-tasking ability and attention to detail is essential
· Proficient skills in script editing and packaging
· Decisive and sensitive under pressure
· Ability to troubleshoot any assignment difficulties that come within area of responsibility
· Ability to work long and odd hours in a fast paced environment
· Ability to critically analyse news events
· Have a keen eye for detail, thoroughness and be meticulous
· Experience in a real time news environment (desirable)
· Clear understanding of digital broadcasting and transmission
Interested applicants should submit a Capability Statement (2 pages max) together with their Curriculum Vitae (CV) to the undersigned by Friday, March 24th 2017
Academic and other support documents that vouch for your abilities do not have to be submitted at this stage. These will be requested for at subsequent stages.
Applications can be delivered to the address below or sent via email to email@example.com
Human Resources Manager,
Africa Broadcasting (U) Limited – NTV Uganda,
Kampala Serena Conference Center,
Only short listed applicants will be contacted