Africa Broadcasting (U) Limited, a subsidiary of the Nation Media Group seeks to recruit a talented and qualified individual to fill the vacancy below.
We are looking for an individual with the ability to develop and build a brand game plan that will drive business strategy and the nerve to create alternative marketing communication channels that will create power brands and develop loyal customer bases for advertising clientele and viewership.
If you value innovation and integrity and would like to join a young vibrant community within a large regional group then consider NTV Uganda.
PROGRAMME PRODUCER (3)
To conceptualise, plan for and produce TV programmes that educate, inform, entertain and earn revenue for NTV Uganda and the Group. The jobholder liaises closely with TV sales staff to come up with auditory and imagery ideas and works closely with a team of technical and production staff to come up with the final programme footage in any given production.
· Ensures programs are well conceived and provide high quality coverage, accuracy, integrity and result in a competitive position in the market.
· Supervise an in-house creative and technical unit/crew in development, production and post-production of programs
· Conceptualize programme ideas and comes up with a story board and script for internal / external broadcast and for clients
· Work with the creative team to develop and maintain the creative vision through the life of a project
· Create the overall aesthetic visual presentation and branding of assigned show while following programme guidelines
· Plan production with client, decide on timelines and scheduling
· Liaise with technical staff for the team to produce raw footage for editing in conformity with the client brief
Required Abilities & Competences:
· Basic University Degree
· Qualifications in technical TV Production such as scriptwriting, audio & digital video editing
· Experience in broadcasting is strongly preferred ( Product and technical side)
· Excellent multi-tasking ability and attention to detail is essential
· Proficient skills in script editing and packaging
· Ability to troubleshoot any assignment difficulties that come within area of responsibility
· Ability to work long and odd hours in a fast paced environment
· Have a keen eye for detail, thoroughness and be meticulous
· Clear understanding of high-quality television broadcast standards and practices
· Demonstrated ability to be creative and innovative
Interested applicants should submit a Capability Statement (2 pages max) together with their Curriculum Vitae (CV) to the under signed by Friday, March 24th 2017
Academic and other support documents that vouch for your abilities do not have to be submitted at this stage. These will be requested for at subsequent stages.
Applications can be delivered to the address below or sent via email to email@example.com
Human Resources Manager,
Africa Broadcasting (U) Limited – NTV Uganda,
Kampala Serena Conference Center,
Only short listed applicants will be contacted