menu

Mobile Search

You are here

You are here

Added: 2 weeks 5 days ago
701 Views

Share this story

Kidnappers demand one million shillings to free missing Namutumba man
According to Police statistics, this is the fourth case of kidnap to be registered in Busoga region in a period of two months.
Police spokesperson for Busoga East region, James Mubi

Police spokesperson for Busoga East region, James Mubi

Attempts by Police in Namutumba district to trace a 33-year-old man who was reportedly kidnapped for ransom at Bugobi village in Bulange sub-county, have entered the fourth day.

Mulondo Simon was kidnapped on Monday evening by people who were travelling on a boda-boda.

 

One of his brothers Sendagire Abbe said the kidnappers found Mulondo walking along Bulange road where they grabbed him.

The abductors are said to have later used his mobile phone, to call one of his brothers Sendagire Charles demanding shs 1 million as ransom.

 

 

The police spokesperson for Busoga East region James Mubi who confirmed the incident said the motive and the identity of the kidnappers was still unknown but Police was working around the clock to have Simon Mulondo recovered.

Mubi cautioned the public to be security cautious if they are to avoid falling victim to kidnappers.

 

Police led by the Namutumba district police commander Rutagira John have so far arrested two people to assist in investigations.

According to Police statistics, this is the fourth case of kidnap to be registered in Busoga region in a period of two months.